Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Confession 1: I'm a lemon



The dictionary defines LEMON as:

lem·on

[lem-uhn] 
–noun
1.
the yellowish, acid fruit of a subtropical citrus tree, Citrus limon.
2.
the tree itself.
4.
Informal . a person or thing that proves to be defective, imperfect, or unsatisfactory; dud
Well it turns out I closely resemble the latter. That's right, when it comes to parenting I'm a dud.  I try hard to do the "right" things, but I'm just imperfect.  Considering I lack a certain amount of natural sweetness I definetely fit the description.  We'll just say that June Cleaver I am not.
So this mom is a lemon, but I've got sweet kids so maybe together we can make lemonade out of this mess. 
Introductions: Welcome to my blog, I'm a mom and a little tart as described above, I have 4 children -2 boys and 2 girls, I have an amazing husband and a not-so-amazing ex-husband.  I'm very close to my parents even though my mother is a total narcissist and I have 4 siblings and a sister-in-law who is a "princess" but not a peach. I have step-kids technically- we'll get to that in a later confession.  I hope you enjoy the confessions of a not-so-perfect mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment